RULES AND CONDITIONS TO TAKE PART AT FERRARA BUSKERS FESTIVAL 2019
(23 August - 1 September )
Please read carefully our rules in all their parts and conform to them.
Artists who participate at FBF (a non competitive event) are divided in two categories: invited artists and accredited/fringe artists.
INVITED ARTISTS (single artist or group):
- They are hosted (room and board) at our organization expenses and will receive a refund for their travel expenses.
- Artists must perform during the entire period of the festival, unless different agreement with organizers.
- Participate as invited artist is possible only after receiving the official invitation letter.
- Every year the festival is dedicated to a host country, for this reason part of the 20 invited groups must come from that country.
- Invited groups are 20.
ACCREDITED/FRINGE ARTISTS (musicians and others kind of artists):
- They can benefit of special room and board agreements proposed by the organization.
- According to the artists availability, organizers will decide which and how many days will be designated as accredited/fringe artist.
- Participate as accredited/fringe artist is possible only after receiving the official accredit letter.
- Number of accredited artists will vary day by day according to the street spots availability.
No artist will receive a cachet or payment. Everyone can do a “hat collection”.
Following the idea of the street artist, we specify:
- Connection with electricity grid is not allowed.
- Electrical generators are not allowed.
- Too powerful amplifiers are not allowed (battery systems –max 50/100 watt- are accepted). Your check-in we will check the amplifier plant.
- Complete drum sets are not allowed (max 3 pieces are accepted –bass drum must have a dumper).
- All artists have to respect time tables and places given by the organization. Invited artists spots are fixed in advance and published in the brochure. Accredited artist spots vary day by day and shown online and at the Info Point.
- In case of worthy artists, the organization can invite groups also after the selections deadline, if the participation is supposed to improve festival level.
- Presentations, pictures, videos and audio will be uploaded on the festival website. Audio CD and DVD are requested for the festival archive (sent by mail)
- We remind you that incomplete applications or with no sufficient material or with not working videos, will not be considered. ATTENTION: Your confirmation will be considered as tacit approval concerning your constant presence at the Festival during days given by our staff. Accepting our Accreditation you will be part of our program. Penalty the exclusion from future editions of the Festival.